Activating hotkeys or userform buttons while editing a cell

AliO

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I am trying to speed up data entry on my spreadsheet and would like to know if it is possible to jump out of a cell edit/typing mode (i.e. when the cursor is showing. Sorry not sure what the correct term is) in VBA? Currently I have to click on another cell to be able to use any of my userform buttons or hotkeys.
Thanks in advance,
Ali

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
... would like to know if it is possible to jump out of a cell edit/typing mode (i.e. when the cursor is showing. Sorry not sure what the correct term is) in VBA?
There are just a few ways to leave the formula bar; selecting another cell or pressing Enter to confirm, and pressing Esc to discard changes.
Probably you have noticed most of the buttons on the Excel ribbon are getting in disabled state when entering the formula bar (and enabled again when leaving the formula bar).
You did notice that VBA code linked with your buttons or hotkeys does not run, so basically the answer on your question was right in front of you.

Upvote 0
Hi GWteB, Thanks for your reply. Yes I had noticed that, what I would like to achieve is clicking on the user forms having the same behaviour as Ctrl Enter but it doesn't seem possible within Excel. I am running an autohotkey script with this workbook to handle a few external functions so I might see if there is a workaround using that. Possibly something like using windows spy to define the screen coordinates of both userforms and detect when there are any clicks in that region and then send the Ctrl Enter keystroke. I could also add all of my Excel hotkeys to this and again send Ctrl Enter before sending the appropriate hotkey back to Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back