Active links from project to excel

markgoudswaard

Hello,

I'm trying to link an MS project docuement to an excel spreadsheet to allow monitoring of the progress of the project and I'm having trouble establishing the links. I'm either getting dumb values or a hyperlink that opens up the project document. Does anyone know how I can establish active links?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Mark

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Welcome to the Forum Mark

Take a look at this

RFCZ has the right solution--Copy and "Paste Special" the MS Project items you want to track into corresponding Excel cells. When you see the Paste Special dialog box, check the Preserve Excel Formatting option so you don't have to reformat after pasting, unless you want to format after you've linked the data.

Yes, this is tedious but you only need to do it at the beginning.

If you move either the Project or the Excel documents, you can relink from the Excel document under the Edit > Links function. I've also experienced an occasional cell losing it's link, so you might have to repaste those.

This came from this website
http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=109773&page=1

Hope it helps you out

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried doing this and it's displaying the links in the correct format but wont show the value from the project document only:
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 131pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=175 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 131pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6400" width=175><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0; WIDTH: 131pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=middle width=175 height=17 x:err="#VALUE!">#VALUE!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

How do I correct this?

Cheers

Mark

Upvote 0
Have you tried using the paste link and paste as Text?

Upvote 0
thanks problem solved!

it didn't work initially (pasting a text link) but after re-booting it's working fine.

Thanks for your help and apologies for posting the same link twice, I didn't realise I'd posted it the first time!

Upvote 0
Pleased to read you have it working.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back