Active Sheet Not Displaying

DannyDont

I have a very small VBA app that begins with a Workbook with four Worksheets. It opens another Workbook, reads data from the only Worksheet in this Workbook (which is generated by an Access Database Macro), populates a "form" on a Worksheet named "Report" in the "master" Workbook, creates a PDF file, and finally sends an e-mail with HTML formatted text and the just created PDF file as an attachment. It is difficult to describe what is (or is not) happening. I have tested and tested and tested and cannot seem to determine what the issue is.

When I begin, the app shows a Worksheet named "Welcome". This has three Control Buttons in a pseudo "menu" that will execute two nearly identical VBA macro streams or Exit the application. The problem that I am having is that for some reason my various Worksheets seemed to become "locked", meaning that I cannot display information on them. My processing is done while the Worksheet "Report" is visible. This contains the "form" for the PDF file that I create. I use this Worksheet to display status information as the process runs. When I finish, I close the external Workbook and "attempt" to activate the "Welcome" Worksheet and it's "menu". At the point I am now, when I attempt to activate the "Welcome" Worksheet, only the control buttons display and they display on top of the "Report" Worksheet.

Also, at various times, the e-mail CDO.send will appear to lock up for some reason. There have been other issues as well. One I solved by copying one of the Worksheets and then renaming this so that it became the "used" Worksheet. The issue here was that the display of information on the Worksheet would not display. ?????

I do not know how to include my code as I am a green novice when it comes to using this or other forums. Both of these workbooks are very small so I would gladly send both to anyone interested or post them somehow with this message. I have used external Workbooks for several other projects but this is the first time for creating a PDF and sending an E-Mail. I just can't seem to bring this ****** to it's knees and therefore am seeking help.

Thank you for any help you might provide. I do appreciate it. In the end this will be a very "neat" app and very useful for my customer, so I sure would like to sort out the issues.

Thanks again for any help,

Dan Foltz
DannyDont@GMail.C

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Are you making use of Application.screenupdating? Set to true and false at the right times?
Might also try to work with:

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; white-space: inherit;">ActiveSheet.Calculate
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll
Application.WindowState = Application.WindowState
doevents
</code>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliecooper255

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back