Active workbook attaching as a zip file, not .xls

Matt Salas

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
First time posting, so I hope I'm doing it right. I have a macro to copy 2 specific pages from a macro-enabled workbook, prompt the user to save the workbook in a file location with a specific name from referenced cells within the new workbook and attached the new active workbook to an email. However, the file is attached as a .zip file, not .xls. What am I doing wrong?

Code:

fname = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFileName:="VAR Qualification form for " & Range("B8").Value & "," & " LT# " & ThisWorkbook.Sheets("VAR Information").Range("C2").Value, fileFilter:="Excel Files (*.xlsx), *.xlsx", Title:="Save As")
If fname = False Then Exit Sub
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fname, FileFormat:=xlOpenXMLWorkbook, CreateBackup:=False

StrBody = "<BODY style=font-size:12pt;font-family:calibri><font color=334d99>Hello,<br><br>Will you please process the attached VAR qualification form? Thanks!!"

Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OutlookMail = OutlookApp.CreateItem(0)

With OutlookMail

.Display
.To = "test@@test.com"
.CC = ""
.BCC = ""
.Subject = "VAR qualification for " & ThisWorkbook.Sheets("VAR Information").Range("B8").Value & "," & " LT# " & ThisWorkbook.Sheets("VAR Information").Range("C2").Value
.HTMLBody = StrBody & .HTMLBody
.Attachments.Add ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End With

Application.DisplayAlerts = True
ActiveWorkbook.Close False

End Sub

I've tried a simpler form of the macro just sending an active workbook with the same results, leading me to believe isn't a security setting of some sort rather that an issue with the macro

Code:
Sub SendWorkBook()
Dim OutlookApp As Object
Dim OutlookMail As Object
Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OutlookMail = OutlookApp.CreateItem(0)
On Error Resume Next
With OutlookMail
.Display
.To = "test@extendoffice.com"
.CC = ""
.BCC = ""
.Subject = "VAR qualification for " & ThisWorkbook.Sheets("VAR Information").Range("B8").Value & "," & " LT# " & ThisWorkbook.Sheets("VAR Information").Range("C2").Value
.Body = "Hello, please check and read this document, thank you."
.Attachments.Add Application.ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End With
Set OutlookMail = Nothing
Set OutlookApp = Nothing
End Sub

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
So on first blush I don't see anything wrong. I ran the SendWorkbook code and was able to attach a .xlsx file. Maybe your I/T dept. has an outlook addon loaded.

Upvote 0
So on first blush I don't see anything wrong. I ran the SendWorkbook code and was able to attach a .xlsx file. Maybe your I/T dept. has an outlook addon loaded.
Hi Jeffrey - That's what I thought, but it's happening on 3 different machines I have and with other users as well. Do you have any idea what add-in from outlook would be preventing this?

Upvote 0
Not particularly. You can see the loaded Add-ins though. In Outlook click on File - Options - Add-Ins - The GO button (next to Mange: COM Add-ins)

You may be able to disable them if they will let you.

Attachments

• 1610137754022.png
    1610137754022.png
    25 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
When you manually add a file as an attachment, do you get the same thing?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealJoaquin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back