Active X Control Combo Box to give result in cell. Then VBA VLookup to place notes image in cell but does not work how I need it to

CrustyR1

Hi All, hopeflully someone can help with this one.

I have a sheet (Entry Form) that has a Active X combo Box C35 ("1 Door Base" - which doesn't show ) which works well and gives result in linked cell E35. I have a VBA VLookup looking at sheet 2 (Images) to find the match in E35 and show a notes image in F35. This all seems to work however I have to select E35, click on formula bar which is text only and then hit enter. After this the notes image and text "image" shows. I would like to be able to have the notes image show without the click & enter in formula bar as column E in grey gets hidden.

For some reason there is a need to select E35 call / formula bar for it to work. Auto calc is on and double clicking in E35 does nothing.

Cabinet Order Form_V6_WIP_3.xlsm
BCDEF
33Line NoCabinet TypeCabinet Code
351 1 Door BaseImage
362 1 Door BaseImage
373 2 Door BaseImage
384 1 Door BaseImage
Entry Form

Attachments

• IMG_3014.jpg
    IMG_3014.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 11
Thats just because you have no trigger to fire the code into action. The combobox change will act as a trigger. Or your original code would trigger if you changed the cells yourself rather than asking the combobox to change them which is what you are doing by reinputting them.
Oh...I see. Yes, the combobox needs to be the change & trigger the result. ?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Thats just because you have no trigger to fire the code into action. The combobox change will act as a trigger. Or your original code would trigger if you changed the cells yourself rather than asking the combobox to change them which is what you are doing by reinputting them.
It worked.... hoooray! Thankyou very much steve the fish.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back