Active X Control On Excel Sheet Glitch

rameezl17

Board Regular
Hi All,

I did some reading online about this and can't seem to find a direct clear answer.

I have CheckBoxes and Command Buttons (Active X Control) on multiple excel sheets. I noticed that when a user who has a different screen size/resolution than me clicks on those buttons, the buttons seem to lose their original size and the text becomes larger every time you click it. I tried playing with the properties and locking it but that doesn't seem to work. The only way around this is for the user to close out of all excel tabs they have open and pretty much restart excel application and then open up my file. Then the Active X controls work fine.

Has anyone experienced this / know a resolution to this?

Thank you for your help!

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
This won't provide an answer to your problem but ... I understand ActiveX controls (buttons) are known to cause issues.

Can you change your project to use Form Buttons instead and see if that solves the problem ?

Upvote 0
Yeah, Ive been reading up on them not sure if there is another way around it. The problem is the reason I have checkboxes is because on my excel sheet I am asking Yes or No questions, so when a user clicks Yes it prompts them to a UserForm, the buttons work perfectly fine on the userform...its just on the excel sheet that it causes problems.

Upvote 0
I've not heard issues with the checkboxes, etc. Only the ActiveX CommandButtons.

Upvote 0
Only reason I know is because when I take out my laptop from its docking station, all the buttons /checkboxes do what I said above. Since the laptop has different resolution than the monitor I use.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back