Active x Control - stumped

chef

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Hi
Am stumped and wondering if simple solution i'm missing

I used an active x list box and use on spreadsheet fine and so does my colleague.
When I shared via network and 3 other colleagues in another dept tried to use it does not work or change figures when option buttons used on list.

I have made sure they have macros enabled on their machines but still nothing?

They have office 2007 but im thinking there is no funtionality that cant be used if made in higher versions? like 2016 as its just a simple list box. with buttons against names....../macros enabled and formula used when list box chosen

can anyone shed any light on why this might be an issue and any resolution would be great
regards

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Do you need to use an activex one rather than a Form control? Activex controls are prone to problems like this (e.g. when different machines have different versions of the MSForms library, the controls won't work at all on one of the machines)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply Rory and you are right, I dont really need to use active x and I have changed to a drop down combo and think will leave them well alone given what you have said as this could be published on literally hundreds of different machines, makes models of PC/Laptop and I had not realised this would be an issue.

Appreciate you getting back so quick and with a resolution as to why I should not use them..

regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back