ActiveX check boxes repositioning after saving

patilp3

Hi,

I created a questionnaire on excel, with Activex check boxes. the checkboxes unhide the rows of the next question, depending on which one you answer. So I have hidden the checkboxes in the same rows as the question, using the 'move and size with cells' option. I set it up and it worked perfectly, and hid all the rows then saved it.

But when I openned it up again, the checkboxes seemed to dissappear. the had all positioned in the first hidden row, and not with the questions they were supposed to. I know there was a hotfix to correct this bug, however that will mean i will need to rebuild the worksheet. Is there a code I can use to 1. reposition the checkboxes to their original cells and 2. make sure they stay there? without the hotfix?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Simply put, ActiveX controls are notoriously buggy on worksheets so it's better to never use them - the internet is rife with issues of ActiveX controls moving and re-sizing on worksheets with no real fix.

You're better off using forms controls - you don't get the same issues

Upvote 0
Simply put, ActiveX controls are notoriously buggy on worksheets so it's better to never use them - the internet is rife with issues of ActiveX controls moving and re-sizing on worksheets with no real fix.

You're better off using forms controls - you don't get the same issues

Thanks Kyle123 - after using them I realised their issues! The reason I used them in the first place was because the checkboxes in form controls don't hide/unhide with the cells, so it was they were my only option. Is there any way I can work around this bug?

Upvote 0
In my experience, the "reposition" is not actually a "reposition". The objects just "appear" on different location/size. This can be fixed by changing the zoom level of the worksheet. (although it's not ideal, it is what can be done quick and easy.)

Thanks Kyle123 - after using them I realised their issues! The reason I used them in the first place was because the checkboxes in form controls don't hide/unhide with the cells, so it was they were my only option. Is there any way I can work around this bug?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back