ActiveX focus issues when Freeze pane is used

ssharkwsk

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Colleagues,

I am facing a weird problem and would like to know if you have faced similar problems

1. I am using Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2202 Build 16.0.14931.20652) 64-bit
2. I have a macro enabled sheet with VBA code. One of the sheet includes input fields via Cells, ActiveX ComboBox and then a CommandButton to submit data
3. I would like to jump between the Cell, ComboBox & CommandButton using tab key for quick data entry
4. My VBA code is working as expected to jump between controls/cells

However, I have seen an issue, where if I freeze the pane above where my ActiveX controls are positioned, the first focus does not work properly towards ActiveX controls. If you open the attached sheet, enable contents and then select Cell C7 and then press "TAB" key, it the cursor should show up inside the combobox, however it does not. If you press TAB few times to circle back to the ComboBox second time, the focus cursor shows up. This "first time focus issue" does not happen if I remove the freeze pane.

Let me know if you see anything that I should be doing. I am using ActiveX controls because I feel they have more control/program-ability

Thank You

//SharkWsk

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
snap.JPG

Upvote 0
Hi #ssharkwsk. I'm not having the same issue as you, but I wonder if they're somehow related? Basically, when I freeze panes in Excel and then try to use "PAGE DOWN" on the keyboard to move the selected cell down the spreadsheet, the selected cell doesn't move down the spreadsheet, rather it jumps up to the frozen rows (the spreadsheet view scrolls down but the selected cell jumps to the top of sheet). Seems like there's some bug related to Freeze Panes that can cause Excel to redirect the selected cell/object. The only solution I've seen people mention sounds like a full reinstall of everything on the computer

In your example, when you first press "TAB" after selecting Cell C7, where does the cursor/active cell go?

Here are some related threads:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back