ActiveX listbox "does not support saving" error

gjp55

Hi ,
I am working on a worksheet that has several active x listboxes. When I try and save the worksheet now I get an error message "Microsoft Excel can not save this workbook becuase the control named "...mylistbox.." does not support saving." It suggests I delete the control however, as soon as I delete the control, I get the same message for the next listbox.

Does anyone know how I can solve this ?

This list boxes are populate by a range of cells on the same spreadsheet with nothing dynamic or interactive events.
Thanks

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Thanks for your reply.

I have read that threat quite a few times. It appears in many different sites and is one of the only posts I have ever found unfortunately it does make any difference to my problem. Its a very strange issue and Im thinking it might be something related to the pc rather than my coding.

I deleted the listboxes , savedthe spreadsheet and then recreated them exactly as they were before and was able to save them without the error message. If I can recreate it again I will post the spreadsheet as well to see if anyone else gets the same issue.

I often get an issue when tryingto save the spreadsheet where the error message is in the VB code and stops at the first line of code where a listbox is being referenced with "Listbox is not known" . I have to delete the Option explicit line and click through the errors until it can save amd closed.

One of the problems I have with my laptop is I can not browser cubes in excel which is possibly MDAC related but didn't think it could be related to this.

Upvote 0
I have done some more testing on this and can now recreate the problem.
I have a button that calls an SQL stored procedure, populates a range of cells and then my listbox displays these cells. Everything works fine when I click this but if I click it 4 consecutive times and then try and save the worksheet, I get the error message about listbox not support saving.
It seems 4 consecutive times causes the error, not 3 or less !!!!

Does this sound like an issue with my laptop ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back