Actuals and Projections on the Same Graph

cterjesen

Board Regular
I have actual production data by MONTH from Sep 03 through Dec 04. Then I have YEARLY production projections for 2005 - 2008.

Is there a way to put this on the same graph without it looking weird. When I graph it, the projections are shown dramatically more (column graph) than the actuals because it is YEARLY data versus MONTHLY actuals.

Is there a way to do a column graph on two axes with one set of data so that Sep 03 through Dec 04 is on one axis and 2005 - 2008 is on the other?

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Is your data something like below: If this is what you mean, you can have your data on the same chart, two axes. One for the actuals by month, then the other for the projections - yearly. The yearly projections can be either a line or a bar, your preference. The steps I took were these using the layout below:

Using office 2000.
Highlight your data, Choose Chart Wizard, choose column, (don't worry how it looks here, will change later). Choose next, rows, next, add your titles, etc., choose finish.

Now, right click on the yearly data on the chart, choose format data series, choose axes tab, choose the radio button - secondary axis, choose ok.
You can then change from a column to a line-your preference.

As you can see I did not put in each month you were asking, but this should get you started.
Book1
ABCDEFGHIJK
1Sep-03Oct-03Nov-03Dec-03Jan-04Feb-042005200620072008
2Mo.Actuals240025001700280020003800
3Yr.Projected48000470005000061000
Sheet1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMarty

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back