Add a Date Range to a Select Distinct Query

adibakale

Board Regular
I am having trouble figuring this out. I have a SELECT DISTINCT query, which is working fine. In the table that the query is based on, there is a Date Column. I would like to add BETWEEN DATE RANGE criteria to this query, but I have been unable to do so. If I add the date column to the query, the distinct query does not work as it should since it consists of different dates obviously. I tried adding the BETWEEN DATES in the Criteria/where column but that did not work. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Below is the SQL Code without the date column added. The table/field name that I need to specify the date range is tbl_Transactions.Reviewed_Date

SQL Code:

SELECT DISTINCT tbl_CardHolder.SSN, tbl_Transactions.Reviewed, Count(tbl_Transactions.Reviewed) AS CountOfReviewed, tbl_CardHolder.CHNAME
FROM tbl_CardHolder RIGHT JOIN tbl_Transactions ON tbl_CardHolder.ID = tbl_Transactions.CardHolder
GROUP BY tbl_CardHolder.SSN, tbl_Transactions.Reviewed, tbl_CardHolder.CHNAME
HAVING (((tbl_Transactions.Reviewed)=True));

Here is a link to the Access Query design image:

Access Q - Imgur

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
You can place your criteria in a WHERE clause (instead of the HAVING clause). Then it will exclude those dates, and you don't event have to return that Date field in your query.

So it will look something like:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]SELECT DISTINCT tbl_CardHolder.SSN, tbl_Transactions.Reviewed, Count(tbl_Transactions.Reviewed) AS CountOfReviewed, tbl_CardHolder.CHNAME[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]FROM tbl_CardHolder RIGHT JOIN tbl_Transactions ON tbl_CardHolder.ID = tbl_Transactions.CardHolder
[/COLOR][B]WHERE[/B] [B]tbl_Transactions.Reviewed_Date ...[/B]
[COLOR=#333333]GROUP BY tbl_CardHolder.SSN, tbl_Transactions.Reviewed, tbl_CardHolder.CHNAME[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]HAVING (((tbl_Transactions.Reviewed)=True));[/COLOR]
(left it for you to fill in your date range)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back