ADD A RANGE OF CELLS FROM MULTIPLE COLUMNS BASED ON CRITERIA FROM ONE COLUMN

CampbellSoup

Im looking to add the numbers from columns EL-EP based on criteria from column F. I'm trying to get a formula that will check column F for say "CC" and look through the criteria between EL5564-EP5568 and only calculate those figures in the line for "CC". hope I'm explaining it right.

DATA SET EXAMPLE.JPG

I basically want to add up sales persons numbers and have the values in the graph below. But the numbers will span multiple columns and rows that are larger than the criteria established. I tried this formula here and its no good...Surely excel has a way to do this easily.

Excel Formula:
=SUMIF(F5564:F5568,"CC",EL5564-EP5568)

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
As column added and row increases, I think formula will gets longer and longer until annoying. Probably the easier way is to use a UDF

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

I also suggest that you investigate XL2BB for providing sample data to make it easier for helpers by not having to manually type out sample data to test with.

I tried this formula here and its no good...Surely excel has a way to do this easily.

Excel Formula:
=SUMIF(F5564:F5568,"CC",EL5564-EP5568)
Try
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT((F5564:F5568="CC")*EL5564:EP5568)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back