Add Conditional Formatting to a User Form Command Button

Denny57

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a series of Command Buttons in a User Form each of which will get different sets of information and poplate fields in the same User Form. I am wondering if there is a way to apply Conditional Formatting to each button based on the value of a specific cell in another worksheet.
The command Buttons are from the Developer Tool Box which appears with the User Form ( not Active x)

(If the cell in sheet 2 has a value > 0 then there is information to be access, other wise not.

Generic Requirement

User Form = frmInformation
Command Button 1
If value cell B2 in "sheet 2" > 0 then Command Button 1 BackColor = RGB(0,255,0)
Else Backcolour = RGB(255,0,0)

Command Button 2
If value cell D2 in sheet 2 > 0 then Command Button 2 Backcolour = RGB(0,255,0)
Else Backcolour = RGB(255,0,0)

Repeated for up to 20 Command Buttons

I assume that in each case I would need to activate Sheet2

If the currency symbol is text then Val function will return 0
Try replacing it with CCur function & see if resolves the issue

Rich (BB code):
Me.Controls("CommandButton" & i).BackColor = IIf(CCur(cell.Value) > 0, rgbGreen, rgbRed)

Dave
Dave, thank you for your help, however, as the changes I was trying to make to an existing workbook were only additional "Nice To Have" elements, I am in danger of breaking the code that currently works.

I have experienced the problems that changes to existing code can have, as once being an analyst supporing software changes through requirments and testing. Despite my getting on in years and not likely to need the VBA for employment, I am always up for a challenge and so I will consider undertaking some advanced VBA for Excel courses. Hopefully I can find some suitable online courses that will enable me to understand VBA logic and mimic various Excel formatting through VBA.

If you are aware of any such online courses or publications, I should be grateful to receive such information. Meanwhile just understanding how to get text to move from a TextBox to a worksheet in numeric, date, currency or other formats would be a welcome start.

Once again thank you for trying to provide a solution.

Regards

Dave

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
If you are aware of any such online courses or publications, I should be grateful to receive such information.

Most answers can be found in the VBA helpfile but for a self learning course, Just Google VBA online courses & see which one looks like it will help you.
Meanwhile just understanding how to get text to move from a TextBox to a worksheet in numeric, date, currency or other formats would be a welcome start.
You need to use an appropriate type conversion function: Type conversion functions (VBA)

Dave

Upvote 0
I have decided that I cannot give up on this and so tried the code where the cells in the range contained a value and not a VLOOKUP formula and it works perfectly.

The code only needs to work when the form is initialized and the formulas must remain in their cells after the values are obtained, as they will need to be used repeatedly and for subsequent calculations in other worksheets.
If necessary I can apply the values to designated Cells

VBA Code:
 Dim rng As Range, cell As Range
    Dim i   As Long

Set rng = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Bet Selections").Range("B4,B11")
    For Each cell In rng.Cells
        i = i + 1
        Me.Controls("CommandButton" & i).BackColor = _
        IIf(Val(cell.Value) > 0, rgbLime, rgbRed)
    Next cell
This code is part of Sub UserForm_Initialize()

The Formuls are =VLOOKUP("Variable text",Sheet2!$A$5:$AC$70,19,FALSE) Where "Variable text" is different for each cell.
The Range is ThisWorksheets.Sheets("Sheet3").Range("B4,B11,B18,B26,K4,K15,K26,T4,T11,T26,AC4,AC15,AC26,AL4,AL15,AL26,AU4,AU15,AU26)
If necessary the resulting values can be written to ("B7,B14,B21,B29,K7,K18,K29,T7,T18,T29,AC7,AC18,AC29,AL7,AL18,AL29,AU7,AU18,AU29)

If someone could please provide me with the necessary additional script so that the above code can calculate the value of each formula and use the value without overwriting the formulas I would be extremely grateful.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back