add custom column based on another query

rjmdc

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
hi
i have a table of names and purchases
i have another query drilled down to a parameter called sevicemonth - this is manually changed as necessary
how do i add a column with service month and the date i have as servicemonth merged in to the names purchases query
isit possible?

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
hi
i have a table of names and purchases
i have another query drilled down to a parameter called sevicemonth - this is manually changed as necessary
how do i add a column with service month and the date i have as servicemonth merged in to the names purchases query
isit possible?
You say query which implies you're using Power Query, but it's not clear if you're looking for a PQ solution or a Formula. It's also unclear whether "servicemonth" is a number or text, and when you say "merged" are you just looking to create a text string or a date.
Best way to make things clear is to post an example using XL2BB.

Upvote 0
thats not possible too much HIPPA protected info
1 quer has all my purchases data
the next query is a date drilled down based on worksheet with variables i created named range called servicemonth
i want to now merge in this servicemonth as a full column filled in with the servicemonth so that i can evaluate was purchase before or afyter servicemonth

Upvote 0
thats not possible too much HIPPA protected info
1 quer has all my purchases data
the next query is a date drilled down based on worksheet with variables i created named range called servicemonth
i want to now merge in this servicemonth as a full column filled in with the servicemonth so that i can evaluate was purchase before or afyter servicemonth
No one said it has to be actual data. Make something up - as long as the data type, number of columns, etc. are the same. All that's needed is a few sample rows of the pseudo data, and a sample of the expected output.

Upvote 0
Services sample.xlsx
A
1Name
Services

hi
in the services listing i want to add a column called service month and fill in the entire column with the date saved as servicemonth
this will later allow me to merge in a query based on the servicemoth date

Upvote 0
Services sample.xlsx
A
1Name
Services

hi
in the services listing i want to add a column called service month and fill in the entire column with the date saved as servicemonth
this will later allow me to merge in a query based on the servicemoth date
Select the entire range and then click Mini Sheet. I never use the Table Only option. Not sure what the difference is. All you gave us is cell A1. Use the Preview button at the top right of the post to view it as it will be seen.

Upvote 0
Services sample.xlsx
ABCD
1NameServiceAgencyCheckNumber
2meSHRSPInspireDPP Inspire
3myselfSHCHQuirkDPP Quirk
4ISHCHHandsDPP Hands
5nobodySHCHTTIDPP TTI
6anybodySHRSPInspireDPP Inspire
Services

this is the sheet
the other sheet and query is the date variable

Upvote 0
Services sample.xlsx
ABCD
1NameServiceAgencyCheckNumber
2meSHRSPInspireDPP Inspire
3myselfSHCHQuirkDPP Quirk
4ISHCHHandsDPP Hands
5nobodySHCHTTIDPP TTI
6anybodySHRSPInspireDPP Inspire
Services

this is the sheet
the other sheet and query is the date variable
What is "the sheet"? The source data or the result? Whichever it is, post both and make it clear which is which.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back