add data from other sheets within a period

ionutz_nek

hello
i have a workbook which contains 31 sheets, one for each day, and Total sheet.
i want to create results (add values from cells from different sheets) for a given week (or period of days), which the user inputs.
for example week from 21.12 to 27.12. so this selects sheets from 21th to 27th sheet

i attached an example file containing just 3 days and the total
could you please help me with it?
Thank you!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
A little more detail would be handy. How are the sheets named; an example of a cell (hopefully the same address on ea sheet) or range that is getting added, and where are we putting the results?

Upvote 0
-all the sheets are the same. data cells are in identical position on each sheet. the TOTAL sheet adds all the data from all the sheets.

-so cells have the same adress on each sheet
-sheets are named from 1 to 31 and a TOTAL sheet
-the range is the sheets. EX: if the user wants a report for days 10 to 17 he should input in a dialog box, first the start sheet(10) and in a new dialog box the end sheet(17) .

- the result report could be a new sheet.

i hope that i don't breach any forum rules by posting this link
example: http://rapidshare.com/files/326056022/excel.xls.html

......................column......................column......................column......................TOTAL
Row name.....................0.....................0...........................0 .................................. 0
TOTAL......................0............................0...........................0..................................0
Row name......................0......................0......................0......................0......................0
Row name......................0......................0......................0......................0......................0
TOTAL......................0............................0...........................0..................................0

thanks verry much for following me!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KH Consulting

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back