Add Fn+F4 (Absolute Cell) to Quick Access Toolbar?

kiteman112000

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Fn+F4 on my laptop is an annoying and awkward reach for me, and in my work I'm constantly toggling absolute cells. I'm wondering if somewhere embedded in the upper tabs of Excel there is a button that will do this instead? Then I can add it to the Quick Access Toolbar which will be much more convenient and less time consuming than the keyboard shortcut. Thanks!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
If you are using a Dell have a look at the Windows Mobility Center option in the link below as it might be a better option for you.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Bit more complicated but the same sort of Bios option on most HP computers (just be careful if playing around with the Bios settings).

Thanks, but since it's a work computer, I'm definitely not going to mess with the BIOS.

It's too bad Excel doesn't have a button for this under the Formulas tab or something. IMO it's actually shocking they missed this.

Upvote 0
It's too bad Excel doesn't have a button for this under the Formulas tab or something. IMO it's actually shocking they missed this.
Not really an Excel issue, the way the function keys operate was changed by the manufacturers which is why it is still only an issue with certain makes (and why there are different ways to change it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not really an Excel issue, the way the function keys operate was changed by the manufacturers which is why it is still only an issue with certain makes (and why there are different ways to change it).

What I mean is that to toggle absolute reference that you have to hit F4 at all. Shouldn't there be a button to press somewhere in the Excel tabs, like nearly every other adjustment you can make within a cell? i.e. changing currency, decimals, font, etc.

Upvote 0
Fair point that it would be handy to have a different method on top of pressing F4 (not a good idea to use "changing currency, decimals, font, etc" as an example though as they are only formats and not on the function keys. Refresh/Calculate, Spellcheck, Help menu etc would be better examples).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back