Add-In

tuktuk

this is the first time ive ever added an add-in....i am assuming the end result will be a drop down list in all excel workbooks....is that what an add in is? my thoughts are that an addin will act just as file, edit, view.....etc.

so far i've create the code and can pull up a excel workbook to to tool macro vb editor and i see the VBAProject (ProdCodeTool.xla) wiht the Module I want as within the drop down mention above.

if i do to Tools>Add-Ins in the msg box I see my add in with a check in the box ...then i click ok and close excel.

i thought it would now be part of the pulls downs in excel......how can i get it there, ie add the add-in.

thanks
tuk

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
If you mean you have a view bar associated with the add-in you would need to put some code in the AddIn VBA so that on installation it automatically makes the bar visible

In Workbook see AddInInstall and AddInUninstall events

Upvote 0
slowing getting there,.....so now ive added the AddInstall adn Adduninstall() and now have the actual item "Shared Library" in the file,edit,format,list in excel.....this is in the ThisWorkbook section of the VBAProject(ProdCodeTool.xls)....then i have the Module1 witch contains the code i want to run.

overall i want to put my curson on the item in the list "Shared Library", have the drop down contain "Import ProdCode" and then select it and then it run the sub Import() in the Module1.

any ideas?
tuktuk

Upvote 0
Hi tuktuk,

Add-ins can add many different things to Excel, but most add-ins add additional worksheet functions (e.g., financial, statistical, engineering). Often these do not result in the addition of new toolbars, or additional menu items added to existing toolbars. The new functions do show up in the functions list and in the Excel helps.

Sometimes add-ins add capabilities that are only accessible from VBA, and these can be discovered via the Object Browser in the Visual Basic Editor. For example, an add-in might provide the capability to do mathematics with complex numbers in VBA.

If you are not sure what capabilities an add-in is supposed to provide, I suggest doing a search engine search on the add-in name. The capabilities of commonly used add-ins are listed and discussed on many websites. Of course, anyone can write an add-in, so there are no guarantees regarding documentation for the non-publicly-distributed ones.

I hope this helps.

Damon

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back