Add or remove a selection of rows with a button

suxrule

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi,

My ask seems very complicated as it look like it will need VBA knowledge of which I have none, so please just tell me it's too complicated for someone like me and I'll leave it.

I want to add and delete a selection of rows with a + or - button of some sorts but it will always need to be inserted above a certain cell as that cell will have a total in it.

I've attached a screen shot of the rows I'd like to duplicate or remove, will any formulas automatically adjust if I ever get it working?

Here's a copy of the actual spreadsheet (can't get the mini sheet add-on working) - Actual Spreadsheet

Any help much appreciated.

Add Remove Idea.png

Ok I've just gone with the "Are you sure?" method because as you say it's not the end of the world if someone accidentally deletes the last set of rows.

Can I ask one very last question and I'll leave you alone?

So when I add a set of rows using the "Add Colleague" button my formula in the bottom "Totals" cells doesn't change to accommodate the added cels. Is there a way of making this happen?

LINK TO FULL SPREADSHEET - (no password)

Last question.png

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
You have added one row more between box "Total Hours This Week" and last row set.
It makes confusion to calculate. The easiest way to resolve this is to delete this row and keep only one.
Also you have added few rows on the top. Take care about that.

Upvote 0
OK perfect, I think I'm where I need to be with this now...on to my next problem...but I won't bother you with that lol thanks so much for your help, literally couldn't of done it without you ?

Upvote 0
I'm glad that we successfully found solution for this few steps. Cheers...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back