Add Percent Change to pivot table

NoHandJohn

I would like to add a column to show the percentage change from 2017 to 2018. I would like to keep the current 2017 and 2018 data as is, and just add one column to the right if possible. When I just add it beside the pivot table the percentages dont follow when I expand/collapse the row data.

Sum of NetColumn Labels
Row Labels20172018
Sm/Med95969450
L/XL69995190
Proposal Other-10-1
Rebated66016822
direct958651
project rebate24892561
stock51145406
Grand Total3174730079

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
thanks Heniek00,

I clicked Calculated Field, named it, and typed in the formula above. I get a "There is a problem with this formula" message box.

Upvote 0
Ideally change column headers to text e.g. Y2017 or so and remove apostrophes from the formula I gave you.

Upvote 0
My years are broken out from "Years of Period". So when I go to try and change, I dont get the option to change 2017 to y2017, I can only change "Years of Period".

I have tried to show as % difference of 2017, and I would just hide the unneeded column but the values never come out correct.

Upvote 0
So the table you posted in your first post looks different in your spreadsheet?
Anyway - whatever column names are in your pivot you have to use them in the formula.

Upvote 0
No Sir, the table is identical. The years are pulled from one column labeled "Years of Period" the pivot table breaks it apart by date code. Which is were my problem of trying to build a formula comes in. I never get the option to pick 2017 or 2018 to put in the formula.

Thank you for the help. I know the issue is my lack of knowledge on this, and i am in no way trying to sound curt or sassy in my response.

Upvote 0
Did you solve your pivot table problem? If not, can you post a small sample of your spreadsheet, showing origin and pivot tables?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back