Add/remove table rows with values selected in user form (checkboxes)

zico8

Board Regular
Hi,

I have some task to do.

There is a one list with some rows, and for each of them I need to add some values from the second list. The clue is that this task is going to be done by people who do not know excel at the high level so writing formulas, merging tables etc. in not the way.

Let’s look at my example:

I have two tables:
  • the first one with names of shopping lists (date of shopping, name of the list and cell with ‘edit’ value),
  • the second one contains the names of goods we can buy.
What I would like to do is to give a simple way for users to add or delete items to each shopping list and create the final table including all shopping lists with all choosen items.
What do you think is the best way to do it?
I was thinking about creating the user form with all items from the list 2 together with checkbox’es each time the user click on ‘edit’ value in the first list, but I have never created forms before ☹
The interface does not need to be beauty, It should be user friendly only cause there are more than thousand rows to be completed.
Because this task – I think – can have the wide range of use, maybe there was any solutions ready to use with user forms or another sheet showing and hiding, or any different way to achieve that?

I attach also the screen of my source tables and the result I expect to achieve.

1633586061730.png

1633586093572.png

result:
1633586120310.png

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back