Add single space between every cell value

VBABEGINER

Hello All,

Below is my code. I've values from Col B to F and getting all this cell value in Col A cell. Now I'm looking to have space between every cell value. Can anyone here to guide code for the same. I really appreciate if provide me something on this..
Thanks..!!
Sincerely.. vbabeginer

VBA Code:
Dim lstRw As Long
Dim lstCl As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim j As Long
Dim result As Variant
lstRw = Sheets("Output").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1

For i = 3 To lstRw
lstCl = Sheets("Output").Cells(lstRw, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
For j = 2 To lstCl
result = result & Sheets("Output").Cells(i, j)
Next j
Sheet6.Range("A" & i) = result
result = ""
Next i

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi,​
any attachment ?!​
May be achieved with a single loop just using some Excel basics or even with a beginner level formula on some recent Excel versions …​

Upvote 0
No I cant provide any file
Your question seems straightforward enough, but your code does not seem to reflect your question that well (i.e. it sounds like you want to combine columns B-F and put in column A, suggesting that column A is empty, but your code is looking in column A for the last row of data, which doesn't make much sense!). So I do not know if the error is in your question or your code, or both.

In situations like this, it is often very helpful to see a small example of what the data structure looks like and your expected results. Even if you cannot provide the actual data you are working with, you can make up some sample "dummy" data and post that, along with the expected results. As the saying goes, "a picture says a thousand words!"

Upvote 0
Perhaps :
VBA Code:
result = result & Sheets("Output").Cells(i, j) &  " "

Upvote 0
Solution
Your question seems straightforward enough, but your code does not seem to reflect your question that well (i.e. it sounds like you want to combine columns B-F and put in column A, suggesting that column A is empty, but your code is looking in column A for the last row of data, which doesn't make much sense!). So I do not know if the error is in your question or your code, or both.

In situations like this, it is often very helpful to see a small example of what the data structure looks like and your expected results. Even if you cannot provide the actual data you are working with, you can make up some sample "dummy" data and post that, along with the expected results. As the saying goes, "a picture says a thousand words!"
Hello Joe Sir.. Thanks for your reply. I agree with your point and from next time I'll try to create example and then will post.
Basically in below statement, values which are available in (for example) b3, c3, d3, e3, f3 are coming w.out space in A3. Although the solution provided by footoo Sir, is working here.. let me show example..
VBA Code:
result = result & Sheets("Output").Cells(i, j)

A3 (output cell)B3C3D3E3F3
MangoAppleJuiceLike itor notMangoAppleJuiceLike itor not

but now it is coming properly, after applying this.. & " "

i.e. Mango Apple Juice Like it or not

But thanks again Joe Sir for your support.. :) ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back