Add textbox 'legend' to a picture on a worksheet using VBA

bja2013

Hi.

I have created an Excel form that allows users to add up to 90-odd pieces of employee data including a picture of the employee and then send the information (as an attachment) to an email address via the commandbutton1.click event

At the other end, the receiver of the email saves the attachment and uses another workbook (containing all employee records) to open the email attachment and add the data to two of the worksheets: I put the text data into worksheet(1) and the image (if one is included) into worksheet(2) (for cosmetic reasons).

The text data is fine but the image data is causing me a lot of difficulty. I can get the image to save to worksheet(2) and add the name below etc but ideally I would like to add a textbox below each image to allow grouping of the two images for sorting purposes.

I have been researching and testing potential solutions for several hours now and I'm getting 'drained' so I am hoping someone out there has a solution that I am as yet unable to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
bja

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back