Adding 2 New Prices to Ticket Tracker Template

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Can you upload a file that includes a sheet which shows the desired results?

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you want to do. If all you want is "to add 2 new prices under D3", you have already done that manually in the second file you posted. Why not use that second file which contains the added prices? Do you want those extra cells to be added automatically rather than manually? if so, what would trigger that addition? Please explain in detail, step by step, what you want to see happen referring to specific cells, rows and columns using a few examples from your data.

Upvote 0
Why not just set up 2 more named ranges, the same way you have done for the first three columns, and add that to your total formula?

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you want to do. If all you want is "to add 2 new prices under D3", you have already done that manually in the second file you posted. Why not use that second file which contains the added prices? Do you want those extra cells to be added automatically rather than manually? if so, what would trigger that addition? Please explain in detail, step by step, what you want to see happen referring to specific cells, rows and columns using a few examples from your data.

thanks for responding

I did not set this up, it was a template found online.

The second file is what I would like it to be. I was able to write a formula for total tickets sold (E6) but when I try and write a formula to include the 2 new costs (E4,E5) it does not work.It does not add to total ticket sales (E9)

I would like to be able to add a ticket sale in column F and G and have it be added to the total ticket sales E9 in addition to the total tickets sold.......(E9 and E6)

If person 1 buys a ticket in each category, (Adult, Child, Discounted, 2 for 15 and 2 for 1), I would like to see a total of 5 Total tickets sold and a total ticket sales of $48.

I'm sorry but I just don't know enough to write a formula to this. I did write the E6 formula just by adding the 2 extra categories F11 and F12.When I tried to do that again for E9, it did not work.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
=SUM(SUM(Tickets[Adult])*AdultCost,SUM(Tickets[Child])*ChildCost,SUM(Tickets[Discounted])*DiscountCost,SUM(Tickets[2 For 15])*E4,SUM(Tickets[2 For 1])*E5)

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back