Adding a formula to format cells

AzHombre

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a formula I use all the time for making negative percentages show in red with parentheses around them. In every new spreadsheet, I have to redo the formula for it to show up. I'm sure there must be a way for it to be in every excel workbook I start but I don't know how. Help please.

This is the formula: 0.0%);[Red](0.0%)

Thank you,

Chuck T.
Mesa, AZ

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Select all sheet at once and input formula . it will apply to all sheets together. Its called working on group sheets.

Upvote 0
I have a formula I use all the time for making negative percentages show in red with parentheses around them. In every new spreadsheet, I have to redo the formula for it to show up. I'm sure there must be a way for it to be in every excel workbook I start but I don't know how. Help please.

This is the formula: 0.0%);[Red](0.0%)

Thank you,

Chuck T.
Mesa, AZ
I realized that this isn't really a formula, but a formatting. How can I have it show up in any new workbooks I start, without having to re-input under cell formatting?

Upvote 0
I realized that this isn't really a formula, but a formatting. How can I have it show up in any new workbooks I start, without having to re-input under cell formatting?
Condition formatting wont apply on group sheets . You need to apply manually on each or use macro then.

Upvote 0
One thing you could do is to create VBA code that loops through all sheets in the activeworkbook, and applies the formatting/formula that you want.
Then, you could store that VBA code in a Personal Macro Workbook. Then it would be available to you at all times, whenever you have Excel open on your computer.
So you could quickly/easily run it against any new or existing workbook. You can even set a keyboard shortcut to quickly run it (I do this with a few of mine).

Alternatively, you could create an Excel template that has all the sheets and formatting that you want from the get-go, and use this template to create all your new files that you want this on.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back