Adding a link to a worsheet value on a chart worksheet.

diego.gomes

Hi,

I have a chart worksheet that varies with a random parameter. So each time I push F9, the chart changes. I would like to show this parameter on the chart worksheet, so everybody could see wich parameter is being used.

I hope it's ease to understand.

Thankx.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Andrew Poulsom

MrExcel MVP
Activate the Chart, in the Formula Bar type =, point to the source cell and press Enter. That will add a dynamic TextBox to the Chart, which you can position and size as you want.

diego.gomes

Oh, great!!! But can I mix a text with the reference. For example, I would like the text box to show "X = 20", where "X = " is a text and 20 is the reference.

Thankx

Andrew Poulsom

MrExcel MVP
diego.gomes said:
Oh, great!!! But can I mix a text with the reference. For example, I would like the text box to show "X = 20", where "X = " is a text and 20 is the reference.

Thankx

In a spare cell enter a formula like:

="x = "&D1

where D1 is your source cell. Then refer to the cell with the formula in the TextBox.

diego.gomes

When I do this, this message appears: "The text you entered is not a valid reference or defined name.". Very strange...

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhantam