Adding a picture in the comment section

Firecop1348

Board Regular
Hello everyone,
I read a posting that showed how to add a photo into the comment section. It was used when you add an item and you wanted to see what it looked like all you had to do is click on the comment and the picture of it would show up.

For the life of me I can not find those instructions again and the ones I printed up were eaten by my 1 year old LOL

Any help finding them would be great or if someone could tell me how would work also.
Thanks
SW

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Well it works great, and here comes the BUT:

When I try to print my sheet It will NOT print my comment picture.
I have tried the following

On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab.
Do one of the following:
To print the comments where they appear on the worksheet, click As displayed on sheet in the Comments box.

To print the comments at the end of the sheet, click At end of sheet in the Comments box.

5.Click Print.

It prints the comment box but not the picture in the box when I use print were they appear on the worksheet, it wont print the box at all then I click print at the end of the page.

Any help??
thanks

Upvote 0
Well, gee, not sure what to say. I hope my picture in that comment example was not a bad omen! Seriously though, just now I put a new comment on a worksheet here, put a picture in it, and set the option to show the comment. Then on the Sheet tab of the Page Setup dialog box I opted for Comments displayed on sheet, clicked OK, and printed the page. No problem, the comment and picture printed. I cannot duplicate your inability to print a comment and picture. Maybe post back with what version of Excel you are using and anything else that would help. Are you sure you are showing the comment?

Upvote 0
Tom,

Its not a bad omen. LOL anyhow I'm a U of M fan so I wont hold it against you In fact I cant because your helping me. LOL

its Excel 03 and yes I know its outdated, my work refuses to upgrade anything.

I have tried many times and it just wont print the text or picture that I put into the comment box. I don't get why, I'm doing something different now with pictures so it don't matter anymore. Thanks for the help I might just take it home and convert it to my excel program and finish it.

thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0
Hmmm...I tested this on 2003 when I printed it. Sounds like some setting somewhere that needs to be changed but beyond the ones you and I mentioned I cannot think of anything.

Good and continued luck to your Maize and Blue. Coach Hoke has definitely gotten them in the right direction, and a heck of a BCS bowl win to boot for a what was a very good season in Ann Arbor.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back