Adding another condition to COUNTIFS formula

Viq

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello

I am stuck on adding an extra condition to a COUNTIFS formula. So the below formula helps me to find how many activities took place between each month, and also applies this to a filtered data range. However I need to add into the formula the weightings I have assigned against each milestone, so it provides a sum of the total weightings for each month.

In the milestone tab, I have added in the weightings in column T.

=COUNTIFS('Milestone Data'!$R$2:$R$1350,">="&ALL!I3,'Milestone Data'!$R$2:$R$1350,"<="&ALL!J3)

Please can you help :)

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi,

Allow me to offer 2 tips:
1. read the inner help on the function
2. perhaps you need to change from countifs to sumifs?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the above.

Just that I thought I could add in the sumiff function into the counifs formula above? I'm still not sure what to do.

Upvote 0
Perhaps add some screenshots of your data or use the XL2BB add-on to post a sample content of your sheets? Hard to give advise without.

Upvote 0
EXCEL1.jpg

EXCEL-2.jpg

Upvote 0
Not yet entirely sure, but could try [B3] =SUMIFS( 'Milestone Data'!$T$2:$T$1350, 'Milestone Data'!$R$2:$R$1350,">="&ALL!I3,'Milestone Data'!$R$2:$R$1350,"<="&ALL!J3)

Upvote 0
Hi there

I have just tested this out, very minor tweaks, but it worked! Thank you so much. I can see how the SUMIFS function works now :) I was then able to apply it to the maturity achieved formula, again with small adjustments.

Maturity Planned
=SUMIFS('Milestone Data'!$U$2:$U$1350,'Milestone Data'!$R$2:$R$1350,">="&ALL!J3,'Milestone Data'!$R$2:$R$1350,"<="&ALL!K3)

Maturity Achieved
=SUMIFS('Milestone Data'!$X$2:$X$1350,'Milestone Data'!$S$2:$S$1350,">="&ALL!J3,'Milestone Data'!$S$2:$S$1350,"<="&ALL!K3)

Upvote 0
Glad you found your way and that I was of some assistance to you. Thx for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back