Adding Cells that Correspond to Days

aje35

I have a column of dates and a corresponding column of price. I want to add the prices that go with Mon-Fri Dates but not Weekends. I know the WEEKDAY() Function however I don't know how to add cells that go with a WEEKDAY() Output of <6. I am trying to avoid the M word (Manual). Any insight would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Assuming you have a date in A1, then =MOD(A1,7) will return 0 for a Saturday and 1 for a Sunday.

If you have a coresponding price in B1, then =IF(MOD(A1,7)>1,B1,"") will return the value in B1 if A1 is a Saturday or Sunday, otherwise it will set the cell to blank. (You would put this in C1, perhaps.)

Is that the sort of thing you were looking for?

Upvote 0
This is definetly a way I hadn't looked at it. I am looking for a solution that can be applied in to a SUM or SUMIF function. Like SUMIF(A:A,"when value in same row but column X is less than 6). More specifically what I am dealing with is a month of prices and I only want to add the prices that correspond to weekdays. If I can clarify further please let me know.

Upvote 0
Figured it Out

If my dates are in Column A and my prices are in Column B then I insert Workday(A1,2) and drag that over Column C. Then I put a =SUMIF(C:C,"<6",B:B) in an arbitrary cell and that returns the Sum of Monday thru Friday prices only. Thank you for your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back