Adding data to worksheet "behind the scene"

6leakertweeker

Good evening,

I have a user form that is in good working order, however, I'd like to make some changes. Currently, the last action before posting the data is selecting the "Status" of the order via a combobox and a range list. This status is then posted to the worksheet via the command button that posts all of the other data on the form. I'd like to remove it totally but still post an "OPEN" status into the worksheet upon posting the data.

Eventually, I'd like to have the status auto change depending on if the cell next to it in the worksheet is empty or not. Information entered into any cell after the Status column is done by the next user form which would dictate a change in status. I can probably get this working later though.

Here is the code I have tried for this. Like I said though, I wouldn't mind getting rid of it all together and just adding the proper code with the command button that posts the data.

Private Sub StatusField_Change()
If .Worksheets("Sheet11").Range("K" & irow) = "" Then StatusField.Value = "OPEN"
End If
End Sub

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back