adding dates via a calendar???

baggers719

Board Regular
Hi all,

I'm trying to limit the information people can put into my format and therefore to ensure they put in a the correct date etc i'm wondering if it is possible to have a calendar pop up to click on the date for a particular cell??

is this an easy thing to do??? im open to any suggestions also!

thanks,

Sean

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi, Try Data validation.

From the excel menu select Data > Validation. Put in your start and end dates. I believe excel makes users use the same format.

Upvote 0
thanks guys!

just trying the calendar option at the moment... however im struggling to find the control toolbar!!?? just not getting to grips with 2007 version lol..

any suggestions for finding this? i want to add a form..

thanks!

Upvote 0
To add a form press ALT + F11 then select UserForm from the Insert menu.

Also, click the Office button, top left, click Excel Options, tick Show Developer tab on the Ribbon and click OK. This will give you access to macros, controls etc.

Upvote 0
hmmmm... im using excel 2007 and was attempting to add a calendar manually. however i cannot find "Calendar Control" in the dialog box. My version of office does not have MS Access. I sthere any way I can get hold of this add on???

Upvote 0
ok i seem to have a working macro now that when i run this it will add the date to a selected cell.

is there a way of selecting a number of cells so that when I click a particular cell (e.g. in column B) it automatically bring the calendar up??

Upvote 0
Assuming that you named the form frmCalendar as in the tutorial then right click the sheet tab, select View Code and paste in

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Column = 2 Then frmCalendar.Show
End Sub

then press ALT + Q to return to your sheet. The calendar should pop up when you click in column B.

Upvote 0
thanks for your help..

i have called the calender frmCalendar but it comes up with a the debug error and doesnt seem to like the the area "frmCalendar"

any suggestions???

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back