Adding isolated points to an X-Y scatter graph.

Getafix1066

Board Regular
Hi,

I have an X-Y scatter graph (Scatter with smooth lines and markers) that shows the performance of various cyclists. Just as an example I've found this link to a very similar example graph I found on the internet
FlatWattskgPower.gif gif by stefanask | Photobucket

(Sorry, but attempting to post my exact chart onto this forum is just too difficult!)

The graph represents the power to weight performance of various cyclists of different weights

Each day I train, and each day I come up with a slightly different value for my own power/weight performance. I like to compare my performance with this graph and see how (hopefully) I get fitter over time.

To do this I really want to be able to add additional points to the graph that get overlaid on the existing graph without altering any existing series. I guess effectively I want to plot two different types of charts onto the same graph. The existing series need to be plotted with smooth lines linking them to together, and the new points I need to add need be independent and not have lines joining them together.

I'm not sure I've done a very good job of expressing myself, but hopefully I've got my point across.

thanks

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Hi

What Excel version are you using?
One option is to create a dynamic series. Adding new data on the worksheet will automatically update the chart, and the series can be of different types.

See this page for details:Create a Dynamic Chart

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back