Adding multiple values in cell for table possible?

Love4Excel

Hello,

I am creating an excel sheet with a table. In some cases I would need to add multiple values inside a cell. But the filter should still count it as separate values. Example:

Filter tab is called Comment Type. Usually people give 1 sort of comment like: great, superb and awesome. But sometimes they may say something like:

Awesome comments. Superb comments. Great comments.

In this case I would like to add the values:

Awesome, Superb, Great in one cell because it applies to the same line.

Is this even possible? Or is there a possible creative solution you'd apply?

Hopefully someone can help me out here! :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
If a single comment should be a "1" and tow comments should be a "2", then just count the number of commas and add one.

Upvote 0
I'm not following this at all.. Are the only possible inputs great/superb/awesome and sometimes people include additional words? If all you care about is the 3 (or more) words, you could do a search for those words and turn a flag on/off if they are present in a large string of text that you combined (if that makes sense). If you are trying to comb ALL the words and make unique lists of every single word used, that's something else entirely, and while possible, would take a lot of effort and probably not produce anything you actually want to see...

Upvote 0
Not certain exactly what you are trying to do. Are you trying to filter by a column when there could be multiple entries in the cell? So you could have "Awesome, great" and another could have "Awesome, superb"? But you want to filter all those with "Awesome" as a comment? Just use the Text filter CONTAINS "Awesome" instead of EQUALS "Awesome".
Or create pick lists with words and you can add multiple words as people haver already asked?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back