Adding Name and Data to Drop Down Menu

LearnerOfExcel

Hello all,

I am very new to excel and am trying to learn, I will try to explain what I would like to do, please bare with me.

what I would like to do is create a drop down menu with the ability to add a name to a database with data, then be able to select that name from a drop down menu and have the data displayed, either on the same sheet or another tab on the worksheet.

d50d60610e.png

I am using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010

Thank you

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Can anyone help with this please?

Thank you

Basically, there's a lot of steps involved in what you're trying to achieve and you've provided virtually no specifics or any indication that you've even attempted to do well, anything. Sounds to me like you just want someone to write you an excel application in which case I refer you to MrExcel Consulting.

This community is not your freebie ticket to custom built excel applications my friend.

I would advise that you first break your project into small chunks. Start with creating a dropdown and adding values to it. If you check my signature section, I've outlined the steps in finding excel solutions. When you have something tangible or otherwise a specific question, then post back to this thread and I, or another community member, will help you out.

Good luck.

Edit:

Here's a couple beginner / introduction courses to VBA.

Excel VBA Tutorial Introduction: How to get started

Introduction to VBA & Excel Macros - What are they & Writing your First Macro using Excel | Chandoo.org - Learn Microsoft Excel Online

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back