Adding new Source Column in Power Query Editor (Excel 2016)

dogofwar

I have a spreadsheet that is basically a trimmed down version of my master that gets distributed. To trim it down, I have removed columns and implemented conditional formatting for readability.
Needless to say, very complicated (mostly due to the conditional formatting giving the reader pretty colors) and not something I want to re-create.
Fast forward to today, I've had to add a column to my master and need to show that new column on the trimmed down one. How can I do this without recreating the trimmed down spreadsheet from scratch??
Oh, and we only have Excel 2016

TLDR: Need to update a query to include a new column from the source that wasn't there when the query was created.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Can you click on the source line in the Power Query sheet and send me what appears there.
When I try to replicate it, Power Query automatically converts my input range to a Table and once its a Table adding columns automatically show up in my Power Query.
In my case it looks like this.
= Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content]

Upvote 0
You'll most likely just need to edit the step that removes columns. How you do that will depend on whether you used 'Remove columns' or 'Remove other columns'

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back