Adding numbers to formula for sum

dragonmouse

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spreadsheet that sums columns from multiple spreadsheets into one consolidated spreadsheet:

=IF(SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)>0,SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)," ") this formula works perfectly...however

I would like to add 2 columns to this formula so that if it calculates cells M4 across each spreadsheet and that total comes out to 7 (assuming a qty of 1 on each spreadsheet)....on my "consolidated sheet" (column A has 1 and column B has 1) I would like it to add a couple of more columns so that the total is 9.

Any guesses?

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I am pretty sure your we can help you answer your question but a screenshot of both the sheets would be helpfull to get a bit of clarity

Upvote 0
Thank you. For whatever reason I'm having problems uploading the screenshot. (I'm pretty sure it's on my end).

I've got another way of attacking this. Instead of "adding" I'm going attempt a formula that will:
Look at ALL three columns and if ANY of the columns: (A=Formula Column), (B=Input Column) or (C=Input2 Column) have a number greater than 0 just return TRUE otherwise FALSE

1. Column A =IF(SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)>0,SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)," ")=0, Column B=0, and Column C=1
2. Column A =IF(SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)>0,SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)," ")=2, Column B=0, and Column C=0
3. Column A =IF(SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)>0,SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)," ")=0, Column B=0, and Column C=0
4. Column A =IF(SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)>0,SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)," ")=3, Column B=2, and Column C=1
5. Column A =IF(SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)>0,SUM('Week 28:Week 40'!M4)," ")=0, Column B=0, and Column C=5

RETURNS in Column D:
1. TRUE
2. TRUE
3. FALSE
4. TRUE
5. TRUE

In a nutshell Columns B and C are forecasts by the production controllers on how much equipment they expect to send in for the year. Column A is a weekly consolidation of everything that was ACTUALLY sent in (which includes items that were not forecasted). I'm not sure how to write the new formula but hopefully I'll figure something out. It might be easier than trying to force the formula to add (it keeps giving me a "value"). I just need something to indicate one of the 3 columns has info...I don't care what the info is. I'm trying to make sure if any of the 3 columns have info that I can filter them inclusively.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back