Adding percentages to exiting column numbers

jkw4777

I have a column with 688 cells in it. I need to find out how to take each individual cell and add 25% of its value to itself. I do not want to formulate each cell individually. Can I do the formula once and apply to all 688 cells? I know that I can create a new column and formulate it, but I would like to do it to the existing column. Thanks for your help!!!!

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
An easy method is to go to a macro (Alt F11) and copy the following to it:

Sub Macro1()
Do While ActiveCell <> Empty
ActiveCell = ActiveCell * 1.25
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop
End Sub

Now go back to the spreadsheet and select the first cell in the column that is not empty. Then call the macro (go to the tools button). This macro will run till it finds a blank. If you do have a blank, then go to the next cell with data and call the macro again.

F.T.

Upvote 0
On 2002-10-09 23:44, jkw4777 wrote:
I have a column with 688 cells in it. I need to find out how to take each individual cell and add 25% of its value to itself. I do not want to formulate each cell individually. Can I do the formula once and apply to all 688 cells? I know that I can create a new column and formulate it, but I would like to do it to the existing column. Thanks for your help!!!!

Hi jkw477:

Welcome to the Board!

Yes you can do that even without a formula. Write 1.25 in an empty cell -- then COPY that cell, then PASTE_SPECIAL|Multiply to all the cells that you want increased by 25%.

Please post back if this is what you needed .., otherwise explain alittle further and let us take it from there.

Regards!

Yogi

Upvote 0
Thanks much, that is it! Of course, now that I've been told how to do it, it seems logical (i.e. why didn't I think of that :wink:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back