Adding Range of values in one workbook, then pasting SUM in cell on 2nd workbook based on date cell

tirby

I compile two reports -- workbook#1 is granular and for my own reference. workbook#2 is less granular for company owners. Owner does not look at workbook#1

I compile workbook #1 manually with numbers in and numbers out of multiple products across several divisions for each lagging business day (anywhere between 1 -3 business days lagging depending on availability of data). When that is completed, I take the sum total of the in's and out's per division and post it to workbook#2 based on that day's business. The dates on workbook#2 are filled in for the year (per the owner's request). A separate sheet takes the workbook#2 data and prints it in a format the owners specifically wants. Workbook#1 contains a cell with the business date (H2) I am logging.

Goal: Take the sum total of each set in workobok#1 and post it to the proper spot in workbook#2 based on the date cell value (H3) in workbook#1. I can piecemeal pieces of the code together but I can't figure out how to take a cell value (H3) in workbook#1 and find the corresponding value in a named range in another workbook file path, then offset as required.

side note: i have 7 divisions to run this code against (14 sums total and placed respectively), instead of copy and pasting the code 14 times, is there a way you can define 14 range variables and 14 offsets, then loop through those instead?

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back