Adding suburbs and delivery costs to an Excel invoice before checkout?

Capetonian

Hi, I am somewhat of a newbie when it comes to excel, but I can usually find my way around with help from google, however this one has me baffled. We have a butchery and we’re starting a new service whereby customers can create their own BBQ Packs and delivery of these items are done to various suburbs within the city. We’re busy with an excel Invoice and want to create a drop-down list in the description area with these various suburbs and once you select a suburb the delivery cost must automatically appear in the amount column.

I wanted to add the Excel Invoice for ease of reference, but was unable to due the the functionality not being available.

Any help or advice will be extremely appreciated.

Thank You!!

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do using a few examples from your data and referring to specific cells, rows, columns and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.

Which part are you stuck on?

Upvote 0
Hi mumps,

Below, please find the link to the file you've requested.

When looking at the worksheet called "SUMMARY" you'll notice in B34 that I've managed to create a drop-down list of the Suburbs which you'll find in the worksheet called "DEL CHARGES" A2 to A38. What I wish to achieve, is that when I click on the drop-down list B34 in the worksheet called "SUMMARY" and select a Suburb e.g. "ACADEMIA" that the corresponding delivery charge of "44.00" should also appear in E34 of the worksheet called "SUMMARY".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh99xckkph8sf0w/CREATE YOUR OWN BBQ PACK.xlsx?dl=0

Upvote 0
Hi,

First and Foremost, looking at your SUMMARY sheet, seems to me you have Actual Sensitive Personal information listed, I Strongly suggest you Delete this file from Dropbox Immediately.

Don't forget, this is the WWW (World Wide Web, aka Internet), you Don't want this kind of information floating around...

Then perhaps, re-upload a sample with Dummy data for further assistance.

In the meantime, looks like you just need a VLOOKUP formula,
In E34 of your SUMMARY sheet, enter this formula:

=VLOOKUP(B34,'DEL CHARGES'!A$2:B$38,2,0)

Upvote 0
TKS a million jtakw - much appreciated!!!

It worked 100%!!!

PS: I removed the link immediately after I viewed your response - TKS

Regards

Capetonian

Upvote 0
You're welcome, welcome to your first post, and thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtariBaby

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back