Adding WindowsMediaPlayer to a form...At runtime.

Steve_

Board Regular
Just like the Title says..

I am trying to figure out how to add a WindowsMediaPlayer control to a form via code. I am not able to find the correct syntax for it. Apparently, it is not done the same way as adding MSForms controls such as labels, texboxes, commandbuttons, etc..

Has anyone seen this done before?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Steve_

Board Regular
It does not include syntax for programmatically adding the control. Only manipulating one that is already on a form. Sadly, my project does not contain forms or controls. this is all created on the fly at runtime and destroyed afterwards.

Steve_

Board Regular
Or, does anyone else know a way to reliably play background music on a form?

Domenic

MrExcel MVP
First, set a reference to Windows Media Player (Visual Basic Editor >> Tools >> Reference). Then try something like this...

Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim objPlayer As WMPLib.WindowsMediaPlayer

Set objPlayer = Me.Controls.Add("WMPlayer.OCX.7")

With objPlayer
        .Left = 10
        .Top = 10
        .Url = "http://stream-dc1.radioparadise.com/aac-320"
    End With

End Sub
Hope this helps!

Steve_

Board Regular
First, set a reference to Windows Media Player (Visual Basic Editor >> Tools >> Reference). Then try something like this...

Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim objPlayer As WMPLib.WindowsMediaPlayer

Set objPlayer = Me.Controls.Add("WMPlayer.OCX.7")

With objPlayer
        .Left = 10
        .Top = 10
        .Url = "http://stream-dc1.radioparadise.com/aac-320"
    End With

End Sub
Hope this helps!

OMG! This got away from me! I did not see your reply. This works perfectly and was easily adapted to my runtime-built forms. Thanks!

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rakeforms

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...