Addition required - 1) copying existing file from same directory as active workbook to new folder structure 2) updating hyperlink to new location

LT1511

Good morning all, Based on the help of an expert I have managed to create the following code that executes nicely what I am asking to do i.e. 1) create a new folder and subfolder structure at the same level as the active workbook path, based on the name in Column A (Column A is a CONCATENATE of Cx_Bx where X is Row) 2) create a hyperlink in Column G based on the entry in Column A Code can be found below (this works on both Mac and Windows!)

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Not Intersect(Target, Columns(3)) Is Nothing Then
    Dim tr As String
    With Target
        tr = ThisWorkbook.Path & Application.Pathseparator & .Offset(, -2).Value  
            MkDir tr
            MkDir tr & Application.Pathseparator & "folder 1"
            MkDir tr &  Application.Pathseparator & "folder 2"
            MkDir tr & Application.Pathseparator & "folder 2" & Application.Pathseparator & "Sub-subfolder 1"
            .Hyperlinks.Add .Offset(, 4), tr
    End With
End If
End Sub

Now here comes the part I am trying to figure out. What I would like to do within the code above is insert a few line(s) that do the following 1) copy into the new Dir "Tr" a pre-existing file that is at the same directory as the active workbook path. 2)There is a chance that under certain conditions, I might be moving certain newly generated folders (and their associated subfolders) in another Folder Named Archive. Given this, What I am trying to figure out is what would be the code that might work on BOTH Mac and Windows on either of the below: a) auto-updating the hyperlink when the "Tr" folder is moved into the Archive selection? b) if a link is not working - opening a Browser window to navigate to the new location and select the new folder which would then auto-update the hyperlink? My fear with this is that it cannot be coded in a way that works both on Mac and WindowsAny ideas?Luke

PS: Link to post asked in different forum: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ting-file-from-same-directory-as-active-workb
PPS:
I should probably also say that if it cannot be within the same sub, would be happy to run it as a separate Sub BUT only AFTER the existing sub is executed​

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Ideally and with regards to point 1 above: It would also be nice to rename this .xlsm file to a new name that is "TR".XLSm (Basically, the name of the file should be the same as the name of the new folder). But I do not know if this can be done across both Mac and Win - but any suggestions welcome

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back