Adjust Calculation based on 2x conditions in multiple cells?

Vexorg

Board Regular
Hello!

This pertains to a model I am using to calculate interest rates for mortgages. Rates can be floating or fixed and the interest rate calculation method can either be Actual/360 or 30/360.

There are 2x cells with dropdown choice similar to the below. (E3 & E4) which have values, and depending on the combination of these values (e.g. 3&1 or 2&2) I want to adjust the formula that is used to determine the output.

Column E
Current Choice (Drop-down data validation)Choices
Row 3Rate TypeFixedFixed (value=3), Floating (value=2)
Row 4Interest CalculationActual/360Actual/360 (value=1), 30/360 (value=2)

<tbody>
</tbody>

As of right now, the interest rate is calculated in cell F37. The calculation is being determined by the value in cell E3, however I would like to adjust the calculation based on the value in E4.

If E4 = "Actual/360" (or "1") the interest rate in F37 should be divided by 360 and then multiplied by 365.

Is the correct way to resolve this to use an =IF(AND( statement to adjust the calculation based on the criteria in cell E3 & E4? I am assuming I would have to set up all of my combinations separately unless there is an easier way to do this?

Regards,

Vexorg

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I was able to figure it out with a nested if:

=IF(AND($E$3=2,$E$4=1),('Test 1'!I37+'Test 1'!$E$5/10000)/360*365,IF(AND($E$3=2,$E$4=2),'Test 1'!I37+'Test 1'!$E$5/10000,IF(AND($E$3=3,$E$4=1),(('Test 1'!$E$6+'Test 1'!$E$5)/10000)/360*365,IF(AND($E$3=3,$E$4=2),('Test 1'!$E$6+'Test 1'!$E$5)/10000))))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back