Adjustable Text Box within a Field/Row in a Column...???

mark4man

hello...

Not even sure how to ask this question (as I am new to database creation): I am creating a database for my new business (Insurance Inspections). I previously used TrackVia as an online database for a company I worked for before I went solo. In one of the Columns in the TrackVia database, entitled 'Notes', when you clicked in any Field/Row, an adjustable text box would appear over that field (adjustable by a typical 'drag to resize' spot in the lower right corner). The user could then enter text in this box just like it were a word or notepad doc; and it had 'Done' and 'Cancel' buttons at the bottom, as well. If the user entered multiple lines of text/info, once done, the field would increase in height to 3 or 4 rows, to show some (or all) of the newly entered info.

This is what I would like to do in my Excel database...or at least some reasonable facsimile.

Is this possible...???...I would be very grateful for any info or ideas.

thanx,

mark4man

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Welcome to the Forum!

Are you familiar with cell comments (notes) in Excel? If not, try right-clicking a cell and selecting "Insert Comment" from the context menu. Would this be a useful alternative?

Upvote 0
Joe...

thanx, but no...the text cannot be seen using that method. I need my new employer to be able see everything in the table.

can anything be accomplished similar to what I have in mind...???...like a macro or anything?

thanx,

mark4man

Upvote 0
Joe...

thanx, but no...the text cannot be seen using that method. I need my new employer to be able see everything in the table.

can anything be accomplished similar to what I have in mind...???...like a macro or anything?

thanx,

mark4man
On the Ribbon: Review>Comments>Show all comments will show all the comment boxes on a sheet, and you can move them and resize them with your mouse. If that doesn't work for you, you will need some VBA code for a userform with a text box and done and cancel buttons.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back