Adjustin Mode Function To show No Mode

andreascostas

Board Regular
I am using:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",,INDEX(SMALL(MODE.MULT(F15:F23),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(MODE.MULT(F15:F23))))),0))
To find multiple modes in a set of data. When there is no mode I get #N/A as an answer.
Is there a way to adjust the formula to show “no mode” without the quotation marks of course?
When there is no mode my students think that the mode is 0 when there is no mode. I want them to understand that 0 and no mode are not the same think. Thanks for all the help. If there is an easier way to do this am open to it.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I am using:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",,INDEX(SMALL(MODE.MULT(F15:F23),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(MODE.MULT(F15:F23))))),0))
To find multiple modes in a set of data. When there is no mode I get #N/A as an answer.
Is there a way to adjust the formula to show “no mode” without the quotation marks of course?
When there is no mode my students think that the mode is 0 when there is no mode. I want them to understand that 0 and no mode are not the same think. Thanks for all the help. If there is an easier way to do this am open to it.
Try wrapping your formula in an IFERROR function call and use "No Mode" as the second argument.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I always tell my students that "if you know what you are doing then everything is easy".
I knew there was an easy way to do this, I just didn't know it. Thank You, again for your help. Simple so simple!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back