Adjusting VBA Code for mac (ExportAsFixedFormat) problem

mickyflash

Board Regular
Hello Everyone

I hope you all had a great Christmas. I was very lucky to get a new macbook, however now I am getting some issues with my vba code that was working great with windows.

I used this code to print my excel worksheet as a pdf, using CutePdf printer driver set to a default size of 900mm x 910mm.
VBA Code:
Sub PDF()
'
' PDF Macro
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
        :=False, Transpose:=False
    ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, FileName:= _
        "/Users/micksolecki/Downloads/FF/MFF 2.0/Clubs/ACD.pdf", Quality:= _
        xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, _
        OpenAfterPublish:=False
End Sub

However I am struggling to find a Mac driver, that can do the same and print outside the preset page sizes. and am unable to set any of the default pages at the desired print size.
I think I can use the ExportAsFixedFormat to dictate the page size but I am struggling to get it working. Does anyone have any ideas?

868CE07E-271A-43E5-A5A7-823BF3174B59_1_105_c.jpeg

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
As far as I am aware, that code uses the built-in Excel export functionality, not any third party drivers you may have, both on Mac and Windows. If you want to use a different printer driver you'd actually have to set the application printer to the driver you want and then print the workbook.

Upvote 0
As a side note, I'd recommend getting a VM set up using something like Parallels, or using Bootcamp, so that you can run Windows Excel, not the (to my mind) flaky Mac version, especially if you need to code things.

Upvote 0
As a side note, I'd recommend getting a VM set up using something like Parallels, or using Bootcamp, so that you can run Windows Excel, not the (to my mind) flaky Mac version, especially if you need to code things.
Thank you, I will definitely look into this!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back