Advanced filter and Conditional Format

oric

Hi All,

I have a whole bunch of data (~7000 rows and 40 columns).
I have recently found that some of the row entries are duplicates. I have been searching on the boards on how to deal with these duplicates. Since I am looking for duplicate rows the usual countif stuff hasn't worked well for me. I think by using the advanced filter with the "unique records" box checked will work. The only problem is that I don't know which ones were the duplicates. I need to know this for future work.

Is there a way I can combine the conditional formating w/ the advanced filter so that the non-unique records can be highlighted??

Is there another way that is easier??

Many thanks in advance...

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
use this formula in conditional formatting where Range is where you are looking for none unique values. B1 is the first cell in the range.

=IF(COUNTIF(Range,B1)=1,FALSE,TRUE)

Upvote 0
Thanks.

Unfortunately that didn't really work. By using countif I am looking at every instance where a certain value occurs. I am trying to find when certain rows occur.

My data looks something like

A B C D
1 4 5 9
4 3 5 8
1 2 3 9
1 4 5 9

As you can see numbers readily occur but the first and the last row (the duplicates) are what I am trying to find in this database. The advanced filter with unique records took the rows out but I am just trying to find a way to see where the duplicates were without having to scan my 7000 line file and look where I see a number jump in filter mode.

Upvote 0
You could concatenate the data and then apply the above conditional formatting to not only to Column E but the columns with the data.
Book1
ABCDE
Sheet1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksjohnson1970

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back