Advanced Filter - Multi Scenario

TheCardiffGiant

Greetings,

I am trying to filter an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. There are two unique scenarios that I need to handle.

First scenario, list contains funds with multiple classes, one of which is called "total," filter the list to return only the fund containing the word "total"

Ex.
Div Growth - Class A
Div Growth - Class B
Div Growth - Class C
Div Growth - Total
Div Growth Fund
Balanced - Class A
Balanced - Class B
Balanced - Class C
Balanced - Total
Balanced Fund

Expected result (filter and return):
Div Growth - Total
Balanced - Total

In the second scenario, the list does not contain the word/class "Total"

Ex.
Emerging Mkts Fund - Class A
Emerging Mkts Fund - Class B
Emerging Mkts Fund - Class C
Emerging Mkts Fund
Income - Class H
Income - Class Y
Income - Class X

If the "total" class is not found, but a class(less) version of the fund is found then return the fund with word "fund" in the name [Emerging Mkts Fund].

If the "total" class is not found, and a fund without the word "fund" in the name and where a class is not present is not found, then filter and return the fund with the highest alpha position class [Income - Class H].

Note that all of these funds (and 1,000+ add'l funds) will be in the same column, in the same spreadsheet, so the solution needs to accommodate all of the above situations concurrently.

Thanks very much for the help.

R

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamSan78

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...