Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hello All

I'm looking for some assistance in creating a macro that will finds duplicate rows based on a specific cell, combine one or two other cell's values in that row (separating values by a comma space or just space) and leaving just the one row. This example shows just 1 column of combined values but more may be needed, but still based of the primary Duplicate value.

OriginalEnd Result
Original.jpg
Final.jpg

<tbody>
</tbody>

I have found some Similar VBA code HERE but the code itself only works for 2 columns.
Further down below the code and under This Category (Combine multiple duplicate rows into one Kutools for Excel)
is exactly what i'm looking for in a macro only (No Excel Interfaces required). More Info also HERE

Note: I do have a Legally Licensed copy of this KuTools Add In (And Love it) but i need a macro
for a project that multiple users will be needing this function for and obtaining multiple user licenses are not an option due to the costs attributed..
I also am unable to pull out a macro used in this add-on since it's locked down, for Obvious and respected proprietary reasons.

Thanks Everyone in Advance for Reading and possibly assisting.

Scott

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Anyone able to assist here?

Many Thanks Again in Advance.

Scott

Upvote 0
I am trying to understand the output here. kto has three values i.e. 10,30, 31 for different customers. However, the customer you have entered in smaller table is just one - QQ?!

Upvote 0
Hello. Thanks for your reply.

In my example with the final image, the company column was not chosen as a second field to be merged. Only the one column was chosen with the number values. Although, my initial request is to have the option built into the macro to allow additional columns to merge data as you point out in this reply.

Hope that made sense and thanks for looking at this.

Scott

Upvote 0

Hello bhos123

Thanks so much for your reply.
I looked at the link you sent and with a small tweak, that works the way i need in general.
I basically removed the
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]And Cells(i, 2).Value = Cells(i - 1, 2).Value [/COLOR]
as i only need one column to be checked for Duplicates and merged and it works as needed.

One additional option i need, and not having any luck tweaking your code to make work,
is to have a second or 3rd column added (maybe a couple more) that will also merge the data
into a single row the same way. End result would be the same except more cells would contained
merged data separated by a comma.

Thanks Again for your help

Scott

Upvote 0
you want to put conditions on more than 2 columns?? or you want to merge the data in more than 2 rows for matching in a single column.?

Upvote 0
you want to put conditions on more than 2 columns?? or you want to merge the data in more than 2 rows for matching in a single column.?

Hello
The end Goal is to find all duplicate rows based on the values in Column A (for example) and then merge values of one or more other columns.

Here's a sample image:
Sample2.jpg

Your code works great for my needs once i removed that piece i noted previously as i'm not validating 2 columns for Duplicates. Just one.
The only thing I'm requesting is to be able to merge 2 or more columns as in the example image. Data in the non merged cells does not matter in regards to which on the duplicate rows is kept .

Hope that helps and thanks again for your time and efforts

Scott

Upvote 0
Sub macro1()
Dim lngLastRow As String
Dim lastRow As Long
Dim lastcolumn As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

lastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
lastcolumn = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Column - 1 + ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count

ActiveSheet.Sort.SortFields.Clear
ActiveSheet.Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(lastRow, 1)), _
SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal

With ActiveSheet.Sort
.SetRange Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(lastRow, lastcolumn))
.Header = xlYes
.MatchCase = False
.Orientation = xlTopToBottom
.SortMethod = xlPinYin
.Apply
End With

For i = lastRow To 2 Step -1

If Cells(i, 1).Value = Cells(i - 1, 1).Value Then
Cells(i - 1, 2).Value = Cells(i - 1, 2).Value & " , " & Cells(i, 2).Value
Cells(i - 1, 3).Value = Cells(i - 1, 3).Value & " , " & Cells(i, 3).Value

Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete
End If

Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Upvote 0
THANKS So Much bhos123.

This works Perfectly and exactly what i needed.
And also easy to add more merging columns if needed.

Again, Thanks so much for your time and efforts here.

Scott

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back