Advanced What-If Analysis

BullCity

Hi All,

I'm looking to do a two-variable what-if sensitivity analysis, however, instead of just doing a simple sensitivity to a row cell and a column cell, I would like to shift an entire array as the column and row variables (see below).

The reason being that I have multiple "consumer products" (32 of them to be exact) and I'm trying to do a sensitivity analysis to all products at once to see the total aggregate impact, rather than building a what-if table for each product individually and then adding all 32 tables together.

To give a more clear example, array 1 might be cost of the product for each of the 32 products and array 2 might be quantity sold for each of the 32 products. I then have a cell that adds up all the revenue for all 32 individual products, which is what I want to run the sensitivity of price and quantity to.

I realized this may not be possible using the what-if tool in excel (I don't think you can do arrays).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

=Formula summing result for all 32 productsShift Array 1 Down 10%Shift Array 1 Down 5%Shift Array 1 Up 5%Shift Array 1 Up 10%
Shift Array 2 Down 10%ResultsResultsResultsResults
Shift Array 2 Down 5%ResultsResultsResultsResults
Shift Array 2 Up 5%ResultsResultsResultsResults
Shift Array 2 Up 10%ResultsResultsResultsResults

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manpais

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA code giving errors and stopping Excel
    Hello Experts, I have this code being used to loop through files in a file path, and copy specific data to another sheet. It is giving me several...
  • Disable MsgBox message
    Morning, I have a userform where if i leave a ComboBox empty i see a MsgBox warning me that i must enter an invoice number. It is this MsgBox i...
  • Macro Recorder into VBA, Copy Paste Data Filled Cells
    Hi Everyone, I have a macro recorder file that takes a selection of data, copies, then pastes into a new sheet on ("A2:B2") The issue is my...
  • Number format changes while pasting into a cell
    Hi, I am trying to paste a number 180204524303 from an email to an excel cell, however, whenever i try to do so , the the paste value appears as...
  • Collating data
    Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without...
  • Sum Multiple Columns Based on Multiple Criteria
    I am trying to consolidate data by summing columns G through M based on material, plant, vendor, and fiscal year being identical. The period does...