Advancing cell formula by one row using VBA (or another way?)

Dancey_

Afternoon guys,

Was wondering if I could get a bit of help please?

Basically I have been tasked with creating a daily report for the call centre I am a Manager in.

I have built a 'data source' spreadsheet, column A is a list of every date in the year, then columns going across are the bits of data I need on the report.

My 'daily report' spreadsheet is basically a template.

What I can do is quite easily create links from my daily report back to the raw data within my data source. Of course that is only good for one day, I dont want to have to go back and edit each cell's formula each day to update the report. It has about fifty parameters.

Quite simply I need something that when I tell it to will change all the chosen formulas on my template from for example "=[test1.xlsx]Sheet1!$B$2" this would be for today, but tommorow it would need to be "=[test1.xlsx]Sheet1!$B$3" and so on and so forth each day it would advance one.

Can any one help me please?

Change the 2 to 3:

=VLOOKUP(H1,'Z:\eGroup Team Managers\Daily Report\[Daily Report V2 DATA SOURCE.xlsx]Reports'!$A$3:$C$306,3,FALSE)

If you want to copy the formula across you can use:

=VLOOKUP($H1,'[Daily Report V2 Date Source.xls]Sheet1'!$A$3:B$306,COLUMNS('[Daily Report V2 Date Source.xls]Sheet1'!$A$3:B$3),FALSE)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Change the 2 to 3:

=VLOOKUP(H1,'Z:\eGroup Team Managers\Daily Report\[Daily Report V2 DATA SOURCE.xlsx]Reports'!$A$3:$C$306,3,FALSE)

If you want to copy the formula across you can use:

=VLOOKUP($H1,'[Daily Report V2 Date Source.xls]Sheet1'!$A$3:B$306,COLUMNS('[Daily Report V2 Date Source.xls]Sheet1'!$A$3:B$3),FALSE)

Thanks dude, changing the numbers doesnt work, it doesnt give an error, it just returns zero but the cell that it should be looking at C5 has the value ten in it?!

Also, with the second option, how do you tell it which column to look at?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Thanks dude, changing the numbers doesnt work, it doesnt give an error, it just returns zero but the cell that it should be looking at C5 has the value ten in it?!

Also, with the second option, how do you tell it which column to look at?

Thanks again!

My fault, I needed to save the Data Source spreadsheet before the formula would update, doh!

Seems to be working perfectly! Thanks :biggrin:

Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back